How Do Mādhyamikas Think?
2. How Far Can a Mādhyamika Reform Customary Truth? Dismal Relativism, Fictionalism, Easy-Easy Truth, and the Alternatives
- How Do Mādhyamikas Think?
- Madhyamaka’s Promise as Philosophy
- 1. Trying to Be Fair
- 2. How Far Can a Mādhyamika Reform Customary Truth? Dismal Relativism, Fictionalism, Easy-Easy Truth, and the Alternatives
- Logic and Semantics
- 3. How Do Mādhyamikas Think? Notes on Jay Garfield, Graham Priest, and Paraconsistency
- 4. “How Do Mādhyamikas Think?” Revisited
- 5. Prasaṅga and Proof by Contradiction in Bhāviveka, Candrakīrti, and Dharmakīrti
- 6. Apoha Semantics: What Did Bhāviveka Have to Do with It?
- 7. What Happened to the Third and Fourth Lemmas in the Tibetan Madhyamaka?
- Ethics and the Spiritual Path
- 8. Madhyamaka Buddhist Ethics
- 9. Reason, Irrationality, and Akrasia (Weakness of the Will) in Buddhism: Reflections upon Śāntideva’s Arguments with Himself
- 10. Yogic Perception, Meditation, and Enlightenment: The Epistemological Issues in a Key Debate between Madhyamaka and Chan
- Madhyamaka in Contemporary Debates
- 11. On Minds, Dharmakīrti, and Madhyamaka
- 12. Serious, Lightweight, or Neither: Should Madhyamaka Go to Canberra?
- Notes on the Articles
- About the Author
- Studies in Indian and Tibetan Buddhism Titles Previously Published
Sorry, you do not have access to this chapter.
This content is only available to All-Access, and Plus members of the Wisdom Experience. Please log in, upgrade your membership, or join now.Join Now