Geshe Tenzin Namdak: Freedom Through Correct Knowing (#163)
This episode of the Wisdom Podcast features Geshe Tenzin Namdak. After completing his university studies in Hydrology, Geshe la worked as an environmental researcher in the Netherlands. He began studying Buddhism at Maitreya Institute and was eventually ordained by His Holiness the Dalai Lama before completing the 20-year Geshe degree at Sera Jey monastic university in India, as well as the traditional one-year Vajrayana study program at Gyume Tantric College. Currently, he is the resident teacher at Jamyang Buddhist Centre, London, and teaches worldwide. As part of The Sera Jey Monastic University Translation Department, Geshe la edited and translated Khedrup Je’s commentary on Dharmakīrti’s Seven Treatises on Valid Cognition, published as Freedom Through Correct Knowing.
In this episode, host Daniel Aitken and Geshe la discuss:
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s inspiration and blessings for the Sera Jey Monastic University Translation Department;
- translation and topics covered in Khedrup Je’s commentary on Dharmakīrti’s Seven Treatises on Valid Cognition, published as Freedom Through Correct Knowing;
- pedagogy, epistemology, and logic studies in the Geshe curriculum at Sera Jey;
- the practical application of Buddhist epistemology and logic to the path of enlightenment;
- Pramānavārttika and the practical purposes of debate in the Tibetan monastic tradition;
- the Wisdom Academy online course, Freedom Through Correct Knowing;
- and much more!
Remember to subscribe to the Wisdom Podcast for more great conversations on Buddhism, meditation, and mindfulness. And please give us a 5-star rating in Apple Podcasts if you enjoy our show—it’s a great support to us and it helps other people find the podcast. Thank you!