H. H. the 42nd Sakya Trizin, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, & B. Alan Wallace in Conversation (#134)
This episode of the Wisdom Podcast, recorded live at the 2021 Serenity Ridge Dialogues features a conversation between H. H. the 42nd Sakya Trizin, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, & B. Alan Wallace, moderated by Daniel Aitken. Topics discussed include
- body, breath, mind, and the nature of consciousness in scientific and spiritual paradigms;
- views on the source of mind and the influence of the brain;
- integration of science and spirituality in the understanding of the nature of the mind;
- introspective techniques such as vipassana and samatha, and the cultivation of attention, insight, and compassion;
- Alaya consciousness, primordial mind, Rigpa, and the differing Mahayana interpretations of Buddha nature;
- awe, devotion, and faith in the experience of dream-like reality;
- and more.
Remember to subscribe to the Wisdom Podcast for more great conversations on Buddhism, meditation, and mindfulness. And please give us a 5-star rating in Apple Podcasts if you enjoy our show—it’s a great support to us and it helps other people find the podcast. Thank you!
About the Interviewee
This episode of the Wisdom Podcast features a conversation between three great teachers:
- His Holiness the 42nd Sakya Trizin Rinpoche, throne-holder of the Sakya Tradition, renowned for the clarity of his teachings;
- Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, teacher, author, and founder and spiritual director of Ligmincha International, dedicated to study and practice of the Bön Tradition;
- Alan Wallace, author, translator, and one of the world’s leading scholars and teachers of Tibetan Buddhism and meditation.